Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Gift Giving...

So my wife and I's 10th wedding anniversary is next week and I'm searching for a gift. In the past I have always came up with something pretty good without going bankrupt. But I'm tired of buying jewelry primarily because my wife never wears any of it... I've given her a tennis bracelet, diamond and gold earrings and necklaces and so on, but rarely is it ever worn... in fact she rarely wears her wedding ring...and no, it doesn't bother me... so I really don't want to drop a large sum of money on something that will remain in a box 99.9% of time, only worn once or twice every decade.

So that's where the dilemna then comes... the 10th anniversary is obviously a biggie, so I can't screw things up. There is no chance that we will be going anywhere alone for a special supper/meal or else I would have a little 'aid' in creating a special evening together... in fact, my initial thought(s) is to take the entire family somewhere out to eat, but with a 3 and 8 year old, all of our attention will be towards the kids. So the 'gift' then has even more importance...the problem is, I have absolutely no idea what to get her. I hate shopping and have close to no idea where to even begin to look for something that I think she would appreciate...that is other than a jewelry store. So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm 'on the clock' looking for a gift... I have Monday off and the kids will be at daycare, so I'm targeting that date as my 'do or die' day... I have to get her something on that day or else she may just be receiving a lump of cash...and I know that won't go over all that well...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"What about candle holders?"
"Too romantic."
"Lingerie?"
"Too sexual."
"Waffle maker?"
"Too domestic."
"Bust of Nelson Rockefeller?"
"Too gubernatorial."