Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tool Time: 2010 Edition

It was just a couple of months ago while I was out with some friends, I reminisced at how awesome the 4th of July was last year for a few of us. It all started with no real plans but things just all fell into place and it turned into an extremely fun time. It all started with a buddy coming from out of town to see Les Claypool, so I and a few others decided to get tickets and go as well. The show was awesome and after the show, while enjoying beers in the bar, we decided we would drive to Bismarck and go hang on the Missouri river on the 4th of July. That too was just an extraordinarily great time...the weather was fantastic, the beer was cold...we ended up watching fireworks and partying until dawn.

As I was saying to my friends, I am not sure why last year's Fourth of July seemed so awesome but I do know going to a concert seemed like a perfect way to kick the holiday weekend off, but at the time there was no concert worth seeing anywhere near where I am at...that was until May. In May it was announced that TOOL would be playing at the Xcel Center in St. Paul this Thursday, July 1st. This couldn't be any better! Tool, one of my all-time favorite bands...one I have seen live 9 other times, is coming to the Xcel just prior to the Fourth of July weekend? To say I am excited to go to this show is an understatement. Tickets and hotel rooms have already been obtained ... now all that is left is to make the pilgrimage to St. Paul and see one of the greatest live bands put on another awesome show, which should then hopefully kick off another awesome 4th of July weekend!

No comments: