Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Les Claypool - 7-1-09 - Fargo, ND



Kicking off my 4th of July holiday was the Les Claypool show at the Venue in Fargo, ND. I have seen and did enjoy Primus, but to say that I was a Les Claypool 'fan' going into this show wouldn't be accurate. I had a friend from out of town that was coming to the show and me and another buddy decided to join him for no other reason than to have a good time...and it was.

We got there in time to see the last few songs of O'Death... a very entertaining opener... heavy hillybilly music would almost be the accurate description of these guys... a bango (sometime ukulele) player, acoustic guitar, fiddle, bass and drums made up O'Death and they really tore it up.

Les's supporting band was no less odd... a cello player, a drummer and a 2nd percussionists...but it all sounded really good. Les and the band came out where Clockwork Orange thug-like masks...and rocked the place. He played a couple of Primus tunes and Les kept the place a rockin' all night long. The ticket was fairly affordable ($25) and that made the show all the better. My friends and I had a great time and I wouldn't hesitate to see Les again...

No comments: