Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sometimes You Can't Win

You know there are sometimes there is something a person tries and no matter how simple or quick and easy this task might be, it just seems destined to not go that way for whatever reason...yesterday, I had one such experience...

So my son is in Cub Scouts and one of his projects that he needs to complete for some badge is to make a scrapbook. I, as luck would have it, had taken our digital camera with to all of his previous scout functions and have a fair amount of pictures...so, for the first step of this project, I was going to get prints of several of the photos and to put them into a scrap book. I wasn't in any hurry for these, but at the same time wanted to do something that was convenient...so there is a pharmacy, literally, right across the street from where I work that has a 1-hour photo and to add to my good fortune, has internet ordering available...so I can simply upload my photos, have them processed and after work simply pick up the photos and be on my way...sounds like a great plan to me... well, I only wanted a dozen pictures printed and the order was less than $2...awesome, I think, until I see the final charge(s) where $1.50 was added to my order because it was less than $5...well screw that I think, I'm not going to pay almost double what I should be paying just because I don't want $5 in pictures printed up right now. I also know they have a picture printing station available right inside their door... I will simply go there after work, insert my SD Card and in about 3 minutes have my prints and be on my way...like I've done before. I go to the store, stick my memory card in, select my photos and wait for them to print out for me...after the 2nd print, sure enough an error message comes up "Printer out of paper/ink get store rep to fix." Great...now I got to go find someone to fix the machine...and of course it can't be a quick, easy process...and then...finally, I get my 10 or so pictures.

As I mentioned above, I wasn't in any hurry, so I wasn't getting steamed or mad about anything...but what I had initially thought would be a less then 3 minute stop across the street after work turned into over a half hour adventure...no matter how hard I tried for it not to be!

No comments: