Monday, April 05, 2010

McNabb Traded To Redskins

Wow...that's about all I could say after I read that Donovan McNabb was traded to the Washington Redskins...

And Philadelphia fans...I don't think you realized what you just did...oh sure, you got what you wanted, but I'm guessing this move is a move that could very well come back to haunt you...

Here's my opinion...and granted, I am a Charger fan but my two cents anyways...

What had me perplexed about this entire episode, was why Philadelphia (and their fans) had such a desire to get rid of McNabb...like he was a totally worthless quarterback, which he is absolutely not. Next, why Philly (and their fans) have such high praise from Kolb, who most assume will be the starter now that McNabb is gone, when Kolb really hasn't played that much or done anything that I have noticed that has made him better than McNabb...

And then, to top things off, not only do the Eagles trade McNabb but they trade him to a division rival? Are you really kidding me? The Eagles must have some inside knowledge or are just completely clueless, because McNabb, even to the harshest critics, can't be that washed up where you think trading him to a division rival will hurt them more then help them. The only instance that I can recall would be when Drew Bledsoe was traded from the Patriots to the Bills, I at first thought he was insane, Bledsoe was a young and relatively unproven quarterback but showed signs of being good, how could a team trade him and then to a division rival? Of course Bledsoe sucked and the Patriots had a guy named Tom Brady and a person doesn't have to try to hard to decipher the paths that the Bills and Patriots have taken since that trade....and the Patriots looked like they knew exactly what they were trading away...maybe the same here?

I know McNabb can be a bit streaky, but it always seemed to me that McNabb wouldn't be the reason the Eagles lost a big game. What I think, unfortunately, for McNabb is, is that he is going to Washington...a team where the owner knows no limits to signing big checks for players but also seems to meddle with the team on a way too frequent basis, which has the Redskins appear as a team with all the talent in the world but totally dysfunctional together...

No comments: