Monday, August 10, 2009

Mike Greenberg: Leaving A Game

As many of my regular readers know, I am very dissatisfied with ESPN's product which has turned into mostly sound effects and flashy graphics with little substance...and let's be honest, unless you are a Red Sox or Yankees fan there is no reason to watch Sportscenter (or ESPN) at all.

Then there is ESPN Radio...again, a product I have grown mostly tired of but for some reason I subject myself to listening to Mike and Mike in the morning for as long as I can take it...which is usually less than a 1/2 hour because within that 1/2 hour they will essentially recap their entire show which occurred well before I even woke up.

But what has recently just been driving me insane is Mike Greenberg and his endless quest to determine "When is it ok to leave early from a ballgame?" It just goes to show what an elitist, out-of-touch person he is. I can not believe any person that calls themself a 'sports fan' or even a 'fan of sports' (there is a difference which I will not go into right now) would even ever dare think about leaving a game early and especially a professional sporting event, with the costs a person would pay to go, would be out of the question.

Yes, Mike Greenberg is a wuss...I think most of us 'real' sports fans get this...but why does he have to be such a whiny bitch as well? I mean is going to a professional sporting event so boring to you that, even before you arrive at the event your most prevalent thought is "I wonder when I can get the hell out of here?" Whether the excuse is to beat traffic or because you have to get up early, it is not good enough for me.

I would not have commented on this at all, but it seems like everytime I have listened to this whiny wuss lately, that is his 'topic' and he wants answers. He runs down scenario after scenario and asks others if it is ok to leave early... As a person that does not have the disposable income and the resources to attend any and every game I desire and as a person that has to drive at least 3 hours to see a professional sporting event I have grown sick and tired of him continuing on and on and on about how he can just hardly wait to leave early from a sporting event. I hope Greenberg never labels himself as a sports fan and by no means should any sports fan align their thoughts and opinions on attending sporting events with that of Greenberg's. I think what irritates me the most is here is a guy that is on a 'sports related' radio show, talking about sports yet, he can not wait to not see the end of it...give me a break...

No comments: