Thursday, May 07, 2009

Not Minding The Twitter

So it's been a couple of weeks for me on Twitter and I'm not minding it at all.  I was apprenhensive when trying it out because of all the things I have heard and the whole "What are you doing?" tagline ... in which I thought those that would be associated with Twitter are seen as people that are obsessed with posting everything that they are doing and, at the same time, obsessed with what everyone else is doing all the time ... well, if that is what really is going on, everyone would have "On Twitter" as they're posts... 


What I like about Twitter is that it does add a more timely, abbreviate blog to my blog...and I like that part the most.  When I started my blog in 2004, blogs were just hitting the scene and I, at first, was collecting and posting news articles, primary about the Chargers which was something unique at the time.  Well, it wasn't a year and then RSS feeds started in full swing and 1 million and 17 sports/news/blog sites now take care of that so there was no really purpose for my blog to continue to do so...especially when I now just automate the process like all those other sites as well.

So then I began to add more commentary about whatever...but also remain focused on the Chargers...and this is what I plan to continue to do for the foreseeable future.  But what Twitter does is allow me to quickly post an article, web site, whatever with a quick comment ... which is oftentimes all any of them deserve, yet I think it is 'blog worthy'.  I have always felt that I wanted to have 'quality content' on my blog ... I did not want to merely have 1,000 links I think are cool and have someone sort through them.  Here, anytime I see anything worthy of my attention, I can have it posted on Twitter in seconds...which is probably one of Twitter's most redeeming qualitys ... it is quick and simple.

I just wanted to post a follow-up to let everyone know, that it looks like I'll be using Twitter with some regularity...

No comments: