Thursday, April 23, 2009

Draft ... Rehashed

Because the draft is this weekend and is rage on the sports talk...I figured I should at least acknowledge the draft's existence on my blog to have some credibility...so I will simply cut and paste my thoughts on the draft that I posted some time ago... 

I'm not a big 'draft watcher' and don't get into the draft hype that every sports program on the planet has been hyping for the past 2 weeks. All the hype surrounding new players and every fan thinks their team will hopefully make the right moves that will improve the team. Don't get me wrong, when I was younger, I use to watch and follow the draft as much as anyone, but after doing so for a few years a person begins to realize that after the draft day itself the draft holds little to no luster afterwards. Now begins the contract negotiations, hold-outs and injuries...all the feel good stories of the draft are instantly erased and it all turns to money now. 

No comments: