Sunday, September 24, 2006

Zappy Reunion

So Zappy - a band comprised of my friends that were huge in Junior High School/High School throughout the 80's...so they've played 20+ years but haven't played actively together for probably 10 years or more. But once every 4, 5 (or more) years they will get together and rock out all the hits their fans grew up with like 12%, Skoal Brothers, Bug On Your Lip, Ride My Horsey, Party Joke, She's Wide and the list goes on....

Last night was just that occassion and I wasn't expecting what this one show would bring. A good group of folks drove at least 100 miles with several at least twice as far. I saw many old friends that I haven't seen in quite some time. Someone even flew in from San Francisco to see the show...alright, I'm not totally confident if he flew in just to see the show, but for some reason it wouldn't surprise me...Zappy fans are a rabid bunch. I have dubbed the show the "Reunion" because it was just like going to a reunion but the common denominator is Zappy which thus equals drinking and have a fun time.

I think the best comment regarding someone getting to this show was this one:

I was at a wedding and I told my wife we had to leave to get to the Zappy show. We weren't even finished eating yet. She was pretty peeved about this and gave me guff all the way to the bar. When we got there I told Bert (co-owner of bar) this and he said "That the chances of you getting divorced and back together are better than you getting another chance to see Zappy live. You made the right decision!"
I will have some videos up here shortly and I do plan on having the full show uploaded as well...so stay tuned for your fill of some Zappy!

The show was a great time and of course the aftershow has plenty of footnotes to add to the fun time by all!

No comments: