Friday, October 01, 2010

Clutch - Fargo - September 29, 2010

Clutch Playing At The Venue in Fargo, 9-29-2010

Clutch played at The Venue this week in Fargo, ND on one of their one-offs from the BLS show that Clutch is currently on.  I was so happy to hear that Clutch would be playing without BLS and then even more excited to hear that one of these dates was scheduled to happen in Fargo!  I was quite surprised as well because the last time Clutch came to Fargo the crowd was fairly scant.  I was curious to see how large of a crowd would be there for this show and considering it was on a Wednesday night (a school night) I didn't think it bode well for attendance, but the crowd was considerably larger than their last show here...but this show was also a 21 and up show, whereas before it was an all ages show and no alcohol.  I definitely liked that it was 21 and over and alcohol was permitted...

This show has quickly raced up the list of one of the best Clutch shows I have ever been too.  Two of my all-time favorite songs, Regulator and Spacegrass, were both played that night ... very rarely have I heard Spacegrass, so that in itself was a treat, but Regulator is such an awesome tune that I could hear Clutch play that song on repeat for many, many hours...

I took a lot of pictures and you can see them all here.  Phone cameras and concerts never seem to work well together...but the pics seem better than some and I tried.  I also got some pretty good videos that I am trying to get off my phone and encode ... I will post those if I am ever successful.

Clutch took the stage about 10:30ish and played until after midnight ... the crowd, I felt, gave a good 'true encore' type cheer after the band finished their set and walked off the stage...the crowd continued to cheer, loudly, and even a chant of "Clutch" broke out....many times, these days, when the band walks off the stage people just turn around and walk out the door....not that night, though.

The sound was awesome and the band sounded great.  It almost seems like such a surreal experience for me now because it seemed to go by all so fast...but it seems like everything that is a good time seems like it only lasted for moments while the rest of life continues to drag on....

Again, might be one of the greatest Clutch shows I have ever been too...

No comments: