Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bon Jovi: Setting The Whore Bar High

Ok, I'm not a Bon Jovi fan...oh sure, when I was in high school and Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet" was out I listened to it and may have enjoyed it, but I have never owned or even possessed a single Bon Jovi album or song.

But what has made me take note of Bon Jovi today is their blatant, all-out whore-like presence these days. That is, Bon Jovi cares so much about their fans has figured out new and modern methods to get as much money from their loyal fans as they can.

I have not seen or heard of these 'marketing' tactics in the past and doubt many other acts would be able to pull off the same stunt and make money but because there are still plenty of 30+ year old women still in America, Bon Jovi can. Here's what Bon Jovi has done... they announced a nationwide tour and a nationwide onsale date for their entire tour...but if you want tickets before the general onsale you can buy tickets early as long as you buy their new album with your tickets...so along with the $90+ ticket price a $11 Bon Jovi album is added to that price. First, I'd be curious to see how many people actually redeem their album purchase because anyone going to see Bon Jovi isn't going there to hear any of their new shit...they want to hear Living On A Prayer, I'm Wanted (Steel Horse I Ride?), Runaway, pretty much anything pre-1990.

Then after seeing that super-awesome offer I notice that Amazon.com is selling the new Bon Jovi album for $4! Yes, for four bucks you could buy their crappy new album on Amazon.com but if you want to buy tickets for their show you can get it at a special promo price of $11 ... boy Bon Jovi, you and your managers are as greedy as they get...glad I don't like your music at all and I don't feel sorry for any of the women out there that will trample over each other to throw money at you...they are stupid and prove why....

No comments: