Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Favre: Attention Whore Part II

Why am I the only one on the planet that thinks Brett Favre is just an attention seeking whore? It was just last year that I noted how every offseason is just a Brett Favre soap-opera. 2 years of the "Am I going to retire?" game, last year was the Randy Moss/hold-out pout drama and apparently Brett didn't like the way that played... so this year he is really ratcheting it up...texting the GM of the Packers...the Packers GM brushes Brett off, because I am sure he has just got to be about the most fed up with Brett's little games, and then all of a sudden a television station finds out that Brett Favre text message the GM of the Packers and was brushed off...gee, how would a television station find something like that out? Oh, I don't know... maybe because Brett Favre probably told them! I mean Jesus Christ this guy is a complete freakin' media whore... if he doesn't see a highlight of him playing on ESPN every night he has to make a phone call to get them right back talking about him... and of course since most Packer fans are blindly loyal to their god Brett, he is infalliable, they don't see that his yearly song and dance show is so transparently a cry for attention they are more than happen to engage in the story and prop Favre up anyway they can. Of course, I have ran into a few, very few, other Packer fans that are tired of Favre's little games...so I know my sentiment isn't exclusive to myself, but at the same time, I have yet to hear of any national sports talker that has really tasked Favre's yearly drama he likes to put on...

What is he going to do next year after he plays for the Packers this year? I think retire say you are going to become a professional bullrider, unretire because the competitiveness is such an intoxicating personal drive but then retire before training camp and then unretire for the final preseason game and come running out of the tunnel just after the halftime because he was 4 hours away not expecting to play but a Packer friend called him from the bus on the way to the stadium and it was just an overwhelming, almost epiphonic rush that told him, Brett, you need to get to that game and help your team this season and the roars we would hear from the crowd would echo to the moon...oh, the made for television movie will be such a tear-jerker when you add that in with all the other Favre moments that will envoke tears from anyone without any embellshment needed...excuse me while I supress my own vomit....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hit the fuckin nail on the head

jiggs-up22 said...

Trying to find an actual article (not message board post) that tabs Favre as the attention whore he's always been and this was about all I could find. Incredible.

If journalists and NFL reporters aren't going to acknowledge Brett's severe case of "look-at-me-itis" I don't guess they ever well. Only Stephen A. Smith has come close and his criticism is mostly leveled at the adoration itself, not Favre's quest for it.