Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cup Finals Set:: Wings vs Penguins

I have been able to watch quite a bit of the NHL playoffs this year and am getting psyched up for the finals which will have the Detroit Red Wings playing the Pittsburgh Penguins. I think this matchup should make for an exciting cup final. Both teams are fast skating teams with some unbelievable skill players.

I think Detroit will edge out the Pens, but I think the series could easily go 6 or 7 games. I just think Detroit's experience between the pipes might make the difference. Hasek started out in net during the first round but after looking shaky, was pulled for Chris Osgood...and I wouldn't be surprised that if Osgood begins to falter that Detroit will not even think twice about throwing Hasek back in there and after resting for much of the past month, would be fresh and may be the difference for the final push.

Games 1-4 are this Saturday, Monday, Wednesday and next Saturday. The first 2 games are on Versus and the rest on NBC.

No comments: