Sunday, December 03, 2006

Chargers: Life Is Good

Wow... being a Charger fan where there are no other Charger fans is weird... the "home team" where I'm at is the Minnesota Vikings and I shouldn't have to say much more about that if you follow football at all... and in case you don't, my father's advice, since I was young...and yes, he is a Viking fan.. and if I would continue with those stories would prove it amongst the hardest-core Viking fans.. but his words, after following the Vikings for their entire NFL history has said, always said and (I'm waiting for him to say different) never pick the Vikes.

And, do the research... you're winning a lot of money if you never pick the Vikes... today, like most Sunday's puts the 'home town' in a gloom, yet, I'm a Charger fan up at noon watching football... normally the Vikes fans are filing out shaking their heads before I even have 3 beers in me...so I will only say that my glee is not fully expressed in my environment...yet, wearing my Charger gear around these parts is pretty fun... because getting Charger gear (up until this year) has been fairly tough... so I basically knew the other 5 Charger fans in this town. This team is fun to watch...

O.K. I'll say the referees, and Ed Hochuli as the head ref (who I think is very anti-Charger), gave more than 1 favorable call to the Chargers.

The end result... LaDainian Tomlinson continues to be the shit. Over 100 yards rushing in the first half alone! Merriman returned and was a definate presence. Rivers didn't make any glaring mistakes but the past 2 games hasn't looked as good as earlier this year but the defense will hopefully be as close to 100% in the next week or two in time for the playoffs.

And to make things even better, the Seattle Seahawks beat the Denver Broncos and that gives the Chargers a 3 game lead over both the Broncos and the Chiefs and currently tied for the best record in the NFLat 10-2.

If the Chargers can beat the Broncos next week, that could/should all but clinch the AFC West Championship... and if not, when the Chargers throttle the Cheifs the following week would do that... both games in San Diego...

Chargers beat the Bills 24-21...

Go Chargers!

No comments: