Monday, February 27, 2006

Free Time About To Return

After this weekend my work schedule begins to ease up just a bit...which will be great to finally collect my thoughts more frequently...I hope...

Here's some quick thoughts:

Winter Olympics are over. I did watch a fair amount of coverage, mainly hockey but did see speed skating, bobsled, luge and even curling. The other countries probably amplified their stereotype of Americans with Bode Miller - not even medaling after being hyped up by himself and the media and of course the girl who tried to get cocky on the last jump of the snowboard snowcross event and wiped out after being so far ahead and losing the race...it is no wonder why people from other countries think we are all arrogant assholes...we had two athletes that did there best to exhibit that trait.

Speaking of winter... the forecast for my region is for it to start warming up....and not a day too soon! We still have plenty of snow on the ground and it's time for the thaw to at least get started...this winter has not been bad at all. Of course it still could take a nasty turn sometime before April, but odds of the temps getting into the 30's become more regular than irregular....

My 320 gig external hard drive is awesome. I am now on a quest to fill it up! I'm downloading tons of stuff in the night-time and my work hours... lots of music, movies and games!

Charger news, how could I forget... a big decision is going to be made here shortly on whether or not to keep Drew Brees. He of course is still recovering from a shoulder injury that happened in the last game. The big question is to whether or not to put the franchise tag on him again. I would like to see them try and negotiate a longer term deal out with him and then maybe move Rivers prior to the draft and pick up a backup QB in the draft. I would hate to see Brees be let go, Rivers stink and Brees continue to do well... but knowing the Chargers' track history, that is the likely course...

No comments: