Thursday, June 02, 2005

Modest Mouse Show Review

Ok, so I'm starting it now... I guess I go to a few concerts so I'll start giving my impressions...

Tonight was Modest Mouse in my hometown of Fargo, ND.....I heard a few songs prior to going into the show, but didn't really know too much about them except for the 'radio hits' that they had....

Show was sold out...which really surprised me....or at least maybe gave the 'slap to the face' of reality that I'm know longer on the 'cool train' and have no idea what's 'cool' anymore....regardless...

Went in blind but had a good time...

Sure, I was looking for a good time, so it may not have taken too much...

Fargo is a college town...and was a good time... I relate Modest Mouse to a more "Edgier Dave Matthews Band"...and I have no tolerance for Dave Matthews, but Modest Mouse is a pretty cool band... 6 members (I think), with several switching off to different instruments (cello, piano, etc), 2 drummers...pretty cool sound... never hearing them before, I thought they had a good sound....had a modern 'Beatles' feel to their sound...

Overall good show, especially when you are looking to go out and see hot chicks and have a good time...of course I'm married, so I'm just looking to have a good time! ;)







Yes, I know, I know... pictures in the dark on a camera phone with no flash don't look that great...but it's all I got...

No comments: