Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Free-agent-to-be Brees looks for long-term deal

Full Story Here: Quarterback Drew Brees could earn in the neighborhood of $9 million next season if the Chargers designate him as their franchise player.

But during a conference call with the New York media yesterday, Brees gave the impression that a multiyear contract is more important to him than a one-year bonanza.

"I want a long-term commitment from the Chargers – if not the Chargers, then from someone else," he said. " . . . I'm of the belief that I want to be loyal to an organization, and I want an organization to be loyal to me. I understand there's not too much of that left in the NFL because it is such a business, and with free agency and everything else it's a crazy deal. But I want a long-term commitment, I can tell you that."

No comments: