Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Ralph Wiggum For Prez

This past weekend's Simpson's episode (E Pluribus Wiggum) was a pleasant surprise. I have watched the Simpsons since it began and like SNL it has gone through it's ups and downs with the past season or two filled with some episodes that are more forgettable rather than many of the memorable Simpsons' shows that a person can recall with little effort.

But this past weekend the Simpsons put out an episode that had me actually laughing out loud. Much of the humor was mocking the American electoral process by showing the shallowness of both political parties as well as the media.

Homer was in classic form and started the show of with a 'bang'. Best line of the show, Homer: "Oh, the Patriot Act is so scary they'll find out what library books I've been reading. What's next? They'll now what opera's I've gone to!" As he high-fives Bart. One of my favorite characters, Ralph Wiggum, ends up becoming the focal point of the episode and anytime Ralph is involved you are treated to some of the best one liners ever.

So I wanted to get some clips of the show to share with everyone but I can only find the complete episode so I will post that... enjoy!

No comments: