Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Static-X - 9/22/12 - Fargo, ND

Last week I went to the Static-X show in Fargo and it rocked!

I have finally got the pictures uploaded after trying a variety of "new" methods to get them onto the internet.  Anyways this show does have a tale to tell before the show even started...

It's Friday, September 21st and I'm just hanging out at home.  One of my buddies calls me at about 6:30 to (drunkenly) say he is at Hooters and I should come down for a beer.  (Note: I do not regularly frequent Hooters but now that I have a friend that does, I do so on occasion but is not by my choice).  I say "Sure" and as a matter of fact, I need to swing by and pick up my free Static-X tickets from my friend so I don't have to worry about that the next day.  So I stop by and grab my tickets and head on down to Hooters, I barely sit down when my friend says, "Hey, isn't that Wayne Static over there?" One look and there is no doubt about it, there is Wayne Static and his wife eating at Hooters.  After they were done eating they were nice enough to take some pictures with me and my friends and also autograph my tickets.  It was pretty cool to say the least.

Now onto the show...which rocked!  Static-X came out and played mostly their older stuff and tore it up.  They started out with Wisconsin Death Trip and that got the place going right off the bat.  Some other personal favorites that they played was "He's A Loser", "Bled For Days" and for their encore, Wayne asked the crowd what we wanted to hear and because I had declared that I would be yelling (and hearing) one of my favorite songs that it would get played, "Love Dump", it was at that time me and my friends started the "Love Dump" chant and within seconds Wayne and the band broke into it.

I've seen Static-X a few times and they are always a good show.  This particular time the drummer was completely insane... more than once I was watching him and his crazy antics during almost every song...it was both good and hilarious at the same time as he had this jet powered fan blowing up so his long hair was flying about and he would frequently be standing up and on his drum stool pounding on cymbals or drums...whatever the song required...it was pretty crazy!

Anyways, this post has a few of the pics I took from that evening, if you want to see more, including myself with Wayne, his wife and my friends click here.
 




No comments: