Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Charger Thoughts, Part II: The Schedule

Right when I thought I would slow up on posting, I start surfing the Charger forums and my blood gets going...

My recent observation trying to forecast how well (or poorly) the Chargers will do next season led me to a forum where members were discussing the Chargers schedule and a "basic" consensus was that the Chargers should be the favorite, if not win, all their home games next season... I about had a heart attack brought about from the bouts of laughter upon reading that statement.

So just to illustrate the ridiculousness of this logic and to further shine the light of absurdity upon those Charger fans detached from the real world, let's take a quick look at the Chargers schedule for next year and see what we got...

@Oak, Ten, Atl, @KC, @NO, Den, Bye, @Cle, KC, @TB, @Den, Bal, Cin, @Pit, Car, @NYJ & Oak

So their home games are Ten, Atl, Den, KC, Bal, Cin, Car and Oakland - out of those 8 home games, I think the Chargers could possibly win 3.  Really ... all of them?  Baltimore - guaranteed loss.  Den, KC & Oak - Chargers will be lucky to beat one of those teams once at home.  Cincinnati beat the Chargers 2 years ago with scrubs in a game the Chargers had to win to make the playoffs ... they've improved since then...the Chargers haven't.  Atlanta...should have little problems with the Chargers... I can see Micheal Turner in prime form as he runs over hapless Charger defenders.  So the other game that the I think the Chargers could win at home might come from Tennessee or Carolina...and probably more likely from the Titans...Cam Newton single handedly beat teams last season and with the Chargers defense roughly in the same (poor) state as it was last season and not to mention Carolina's coach is the former defensive coordinator of the Chargers, I think the Panthers have little problem with the Bolts...

I don't know why I torture myself with reading the endless posts of optimism and hope, but I have at least got to go somewhere and just call BULLSHIT on all these "homers" because I can't do so on their homer forums because only talk of going to the Super Bowl is tolerated ... anyone that speaks the truth or about reality will be quickly ridiculed and labeled as a moron.

 

No comments: