Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Clutch - Fargo - February, 13, 2011

I got to see Clutch this past weekend opening for the infamous Motorhead in Fargo at the Venue.  Overall it was a pretty good time.  Clutch played a solid set that once again included Spacegrass, which was awesome.  Clutch played for about an hour and got a solid list of songs in and they sounded really good.  Posted below will be video of Clutch playing Spacegrass, almost the entire song - although the audio clips frequently because I was on the floor and I was using a cell phone so didn't have much of a choice...the video looks pretty good if you ask me.  And then there are a few pics I took of the show as well.

The show was very well attended, but it was clearly a Motorhead show.  There were lots of bikers.  Clutch did have its fair share of fans though, but the Motorhead posse dominated.  Mosh pit started almost immediately when the opening band, Valiant Thor started...and I'll give credit to Valiant Thor, they got the crowd worked up nicely.  The place was fairly packed from start to finish.  Then when Motorhead came onto the stage...holy F@^K! were they loud!  I was on the second floor for most of their set and it wasn't too bad, but a couple of times I wandered downstairs for a minute or two and the music was so incredibly loud I couldn't believe it...and I've been to many a loud show.  Motorhead had a shitload of speakers and I noticed they didn't hang much, so most of the speakers were on the ground directed directly at the crowd...I think that is why it was so loud.

Overall, though, it was a good time...

(Click on the pictures to see the full size version)










No comments: