Thursday, July 08, 2010

Cav Fans To Disappear

I really don't care about the NBA that much but of course how can any sports fan ignore the constant barrage of LeBron talk that transpired over the past few days...all that I have gained from this entire episode is more proof as to why I really don't like the NBA anymore...

So LeBron chooses to go to Miami with Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh...two other highly touted NBA free agents...and by ESPN's account, means that the Heat should win the NBA Championship for the next ...oh, 20-30 years...consecutively. But for some reason, all this hype...all this artificial drama, I think, is really going to amount to nothing...and if it does really mean a dynasty is that what that league has sunk too? Essentially 3 players get together and decide they are going to join a team and thus dominate the league? Really? That's the NBA? 3 players decide who is going to win the NBA Championship for the next several years...

I don't plan on following the NBA that much but I will certainly follow this HUGE decision ... if it is going to by hyped as the greatest moment in NBA free agency history, I am going to take note and if LeBron doesn't have 6 Championship rings by 2020 I will recall this day and say it was a complete failure ... because I was sold on no less then this being the assembling of the greatest NBA team of all time...but then again, that's just what ESPN said and as soon as they lose the NBA tv contract they won't care anymore....

No comments: